The (((RAYGUN ’59™))) 20w Class A 1x12 combo
The RayGun'59™ is a nod to Atomic Era amps, is Brit-American double agent 20*watt 1x12 Combo amp that can handle its own on stage with a rich bloom, jangle and sparkle to its clean tone that can easily jump forward to a saturated and texture tone that is rich in upper harmonic frequencies. This amp is a roots rock players delight that jumps, swings, bops and snarls in response to the players touch and attack. Varying degrees of output and punch are on hand with a master volume control that dials itself out of the mix when turned up, perfect for the guitarists that prefer to control their vol on the guitar.
As well the dual 6L6 power tubes (or 6v6 or EL34..ya!) will pump up to 15watts output of Class A power. To change gears toward a leaner Brit vibe You can drop the power down to roughly 10w by swapping in EL34's, no need to rebias. More so with the flip of a switch next to the socket you can even install 6V6's and bring the amp down to a bubbly sweet 8w of studio level pwr. 12ax7s in the preamp as well as the tube spring reverb, and the vintage style tube bias tremelo.
This amp was designed to combine the vintage vibe of the late 50's cathode biased F style deluxe and the cathode biased, non-negative feedback response of the early JMI AC-15, while maintaining its own immediate responsive snap and meaty footprint handled by the stock Weber Silverbell Alnico 100w 12" spkr.
I've also created a custom Nocturne 50 watt Alnico speaker that is based on the chicago era P12n but with a British silver bulldog style cone. This is excellent for those looking for earlier mids break up and compression. This speaker is an upgrade option.
• Master Volume
• Trem speed & intensity controls
• *20 Watts Class A combo amp • Power-Standby Switch
• 12AX7 (3) • 6L6-GC (2) < or swap to EL34 or 6V6 at 10watts >
• Cathode Biased, non negative feedback design
• Weber Silver Bell Alnico 100w 12spkr as standard. (or Nocturne 50W Brit-American Alnico by Jupiter or Tonetubby Nashville alnico 75W)
• American Made Transformers
• Hand-Wired, Turret Board Construction
• Star Grounding • Shielded Input/Grid Wiring
• DC Elevated Heater Supply
• Silver Plated Copper / TFE Teflon Wire
• Dimensions: 20W x 18.75H x 9.5D
• *Solid Pine Cabinet w Dovetail Joinery, Birch baffles, pop out casters & large rubber feet
• Made in the USA by hardworking American dudes
I've set up a custom Raygun Spec - Tuki heavy duty slip cover avail to order direct here (I dont profit from these, I'm just passing business over to another small american business if you'd like to keep your amp covered safely w a cover that lasts)